There are no upcoming events.
CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAW
Our Lady of the Lakes Home & School Association
ARTICLE I – Name
The name of the Association shall be Our Lady of the Lakes Home & School Association of Random Lake, Wisconsin, Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
ARTICLE II – Objectives
The objectives of the association shall be:
- To foster a bond between the home and the school.
- To offer programs for parents and other interested parishioners.
- To instill a greater appreciation of Catholic Education.
- To provide a means of communication between parents or guardians and the school.
- To coordinate fund raising activities to benefit the school.
ARTICLE III – Membership
Membership is open to the parents, legal guardians and teachers of Our Lady of the Lakes students and to parishioners of Our Lady of the Lakes Parish.
ARTICLE IV – Officers
The officers of this Association shall be Spiritual Director, Honorary President, President, Vice-president, Secretary and Treasurer.
These officers, with the exception of the Spiritual Director and Honorary President, shall be elected by a majority of the members present.
The Pastor and the Principal of the school shall be respectively, the Spiritual Director and the Honorary President.
The term of office shall be two years. No officer may hold the same office more than two consecutive terms. The position of President and Treasurer shall be filled in the same year. The position of Secretary and Vice-president shall be filled in the year alternating with the Vice-president and Secretary.
The Home & School Association board may include one (1) parish member that is not a family of the school at any one time.
ARTICLE V – Annual Meeting
At the last Home & School meeting of the academic year, elections and installation of officers shall take place. The remaining officers shall be reinstated at this time.
ARTICLE VI – Amendments
The Constitution may be amended at the Annual Meeting by two-thirds vote of the membership present, providing such amendments have been presented in writing to the Association prior to this meeting.
ARTICLE I – Duties of Officers
The President shall:
- Preside at the Association meetings.
- Appoint chairpersons of the standing committees.
- Authorize the payment of bills.
- Perform such duties as are incumbent upon this office.
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
The Vice-president shall:
- In the absence of the President, perform the duties of the President.
- Act as the Program Chairperson; organize programs and contacting speakers.
The Secretary shall:
- Record minutes of the Association meetings.
- Record minutes of the organizational meetings.
- Keep a list of members of the Association.
- Maintain permanent records for the association of activities and accomplishments.
- Conduct all correspondence.
The Treasurer shall:
- Keep accurate account of the Association funds.
- Pay bills upon the authorization of the President.
- The treasurer shall be bonded the premium to be paid by the Association.
ARTICLE II – Executive Board
The officers of the Association and a faculty representative shall make up the Executive Board. Should some issue arise concerning any of the committees, that Chairperson will be invited to the Executive Board Meeting. The President and Secretary of the Association shall act as Chairperson and Secretary of the Executive Board, respectively.
If a vacancy in office occurs, the membership shall have an election to fill the unexpired term.
ARTICLE III – Committees
Special committees may be formed by the President as needed.
ARTICLE IV – Meetings
The Association shall meet a minimum of four times during the school year. The President may call special meetings as needed.
ARTICLE V – Nominations and Elections
At the meeting prior to the Annual Election Meeting, a Nominating Committee of 3 members shall be appointed by the Executive Board. These members will select their Chairperson.
The Nominating Committee shall prepare a slate of officers with nominations open from "the floor".
The Nominating Committee shall conduct the annual election and count the ballots. The Chairperson of the meeting will then report the election results to the Association.
Parliamentary procedure will be followed.